Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dog dental care
05-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Wink Dog dental care
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I was just wondering what you used to clean your dog's teeth? (I'm not sure if this is the appropriate location for this thread--teeth are considered bones, right?)

I've tried the tradition brush and paste method, but Coal will not have any of that. I've tried raw hides, bones, and other dental "treats", and although Coal loves them, they don't get rid of the plaque and tartar build up.
Now finally, I've tried a product called Dentasure. And oh my, I am in disbelief with how well this product works. It's all-natural, which I love, and Coal loves it because it tastes great!

Have any of you tried this product before? If not, what products do you use? I know how vital dog dental care is, just as important as human dental care. I'm curious what you all use as your method of choice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2012, 02:14 PM
RE: Dog dental care
(05-09-2012 03:13 AM)henry_love Wrote:  Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I was just wondering what you used to clean your dog's teeth? (I'm not sure if this is the appropriate location for this thread--teeth are considered bones, right?)

I've tried the tradition brush and paste method, but Coal will not have any of that. I've tried raw hides, bones, and other dental "treats", and although Coal loves them, they don't get rid of the plaque and tartar build up.
Now finally, I've tried a product called Dentasure. And oh my, I am in disbelief with how well this product works. It's all-natural, which I love, and Coal loves it because it tastes great!

Have any of you tried this product before? If not, what products do you use? I know how vital dog dental care is, just as important as human dental care. I'm curious what you all use as your method of choice.

Hi Henry,

Welcome to the site! What type of dog is Coal?

The best method of cleaning is to to have the vet perform a thorough cleaning. Many times we brush our dogs teeth here at home. It's important that you DO NOT use human toothpaste to brush a dogs teeth!

I
05-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Coal is a Pekinese Poodle ^-^ (He's pictured in my avatar/profile pic)

The vet does clean his teeth, but he never has to be put under for it anymore. The Dentasure keeps his mouth sparkly clean Big Grin

I would never use human toothpaste on my dog, the chemicals in that....:shudders:
06-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Dogs need dental care, too! Unfortunately, dental hygiene for dogs is sometimes overlooked. Many people seem to just expect dogs to have bad breath, and few people brush their dogs’ teeth frequently enough.

How men become players